Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Oneida is Booming!!

Like the title states the work here in Oneida is booming! This area has caught fire recently I don't know what it's been but the members are helping out a lot! 

Recently I have discovered the key to a successful area, or mission for that matter, is the members. As missionaries we need to work with members as much as we can. Even if we just get to know them and gain their trust it will set the path for future missionaries. When you have your whole ward/ branch doing missionary work it is 10 times more effective than if 2 full time missionaries do all the work. Each week on Thursday afternoons we hold an Oneida member missionary class and teach the members how to talk about the gospel in everyday situations, share pass-along cards, bring up natural conversation about the gospel and learn about the Atonement because as it says in Preach my Gospel "As your understanding of the Atonement of Jesus Christ grows, your desire to share the Gospel will increase." I know this to be true because as I have learn more about my Savior I want to tell everyone of the happiness, joy, strength, and change that comes from learning about the Atonement.


I know that Christ suffered for all of our sins and shortcomings. Like Brad Wilcox said in his talk " His Grace is sufficient " “Jesus doesn’t make up the difference. Jesus makes all the difference. Grace is not about filling gaps. It is about filling us.” I know this is true without the slightest doubt!


I Love you all so much!! Have a Happy Thanksgiving!!


                  Elder Reyne!


No comments:

Post a Comment