Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Crazy Last Week!

So 2 Saturdays ago one of my teeth was hurting really bad in the morning but it went away as the day went on. On Sunday it hurt all day which was no fun. Monday wasn't much better but I just took some pain reliever to help and hope that the pain would go away on its own and was too stubborn to get it taken care of. Tuesday morning I woke up with a swollen face but my tooth was hardly in any pain. I called Sister Wirthlin to see what to do. Long story, about insurance, short I scheduled an appointment with a dentist who is a member and didn't charge me anything for being a missionary which was a miracle! Wednesday my face was worse! I went to the appointment and the dentist told me he couldn't do anything until the swelling went down so he prescribed an antibiotic for me. We stayed inside both Tuesday and Wednesday so my face wouldn't freak anybody out and so I could rest. Thursday was zone conference and I decided to go even though the swelling had not gone down much. I decided to go because I wanted to see peoples reactions to my face and b/c I love our zone! During the meeting my face had swollen down some which was awesome. Not much else happened but on Wednesday as I was couch ridden I felt like reading the Book of Mormon from where I left off during personal study. what I read gave me great hope and strengthened my testimony so much! It was Alma 38:2-3 It talks about enduring, patience and long-suffering which was just what I needed at the time. I knew that if I could just endure this trial, the Lord would bless me for it. Currently the swelling is gone which is great!

 I know that this is the only true church on the earth, to me it doesn't make sense any other way and sometimes I think, "what if it isn't?" But i know that it's not my thoughts and that I do know what is right and what is not. I love the gospel of Jesus Christ so much and wouldn't have it any other way!!  

   ~Elder Reyne


No comments:

Post a Comment