Monday, September 15, 2014

Is it really Monday already?


So this week absolutely FLEW by I can't believe it. I honestly don't remember much of what happened so I'll give you what I do remember.

So on Sunday there was this event with 5 other churches called the progressive dinner. The churches were the Presbyterian, Methodist, Baptist, Episcopalian and St. Patricks (catholic). On two streets next to each other these five churches gave tours of their buildings and a history of the church which was pretty cool and interesting. All of the buildings had stained glass windows and high ceilings. So how it worked was we first went to the Baptist church and after a little talk about the church everybody got some food which was just a little appetizer. Then to the Episcopalian for a small history of the church then soup and salad for the meal. 3rd was St. Patricks, 4th was Presbyterian for the main course which was just rice and a shish kabob. Then 5th was the Methodist for desert. All but the baptist church did their baptisms by sprinkling water on peoples head. After seeing all the churches my testimony on baptism was increased because seeing that other churches didn't do it by immersion made me think, "How could such an extremely simple truth like that be lost for some churches". It just didn't make sense to me how it could be any other way than by immersion. I didn't even really care about getting food just the fact that I got to learn how satan has twisted plain and precious truths was interesting enough for me. When you think about it where do other churches even get sprinkling baptisms. Anyway I just think it's stupid. We did meet some really cool people and they told us how much they respected what we did and things like that. We even got a pastor to agree to come to a tour of our building some time it was awesome! 

Overall our week was pretty good but I don't remember any lessons we had at the moment.
Anyway I'm loving the area of Oneida and will no longer be in a trio. I should be in this area for a few transfers probably until around January.

Loves Yas!

             Elder Reyne

No comments:

Post a Comment